What is a HPI Check?
A HPI Check is a vehicle check provided by HPI Ltd that scrutinises the history of any vehicle registered in the UK. HPI Checks can be performed on cars, vans and motorbikes.
A HPI Check is possibly the most important check that can be performed on a vehicle prior to purchase or sale as they include information from finance and insurance companies, the DVLA and the Police as well as other industry bodies.
What is included in a HPI Check?
HPI Checks include information such as:
- Does the vehicle have any outstanding finance?
- Is the vehicle recorded stolen?
- Is the vehicle displaying the correct mileage?
- Is the vehicle recorded as scrapped?
- How many previous owners has the vehicle had?
- Has the vehicle ever been an insurance write off?
Accept Car Finance performs HPI Checks for every car we list for sale so that our customers can be assured that they are purchasing safe and not fraudulent cars.